From The Greater Mission Bend Area Council
GMBAC is a small band of volunteers, but we have put forth a lot of effort to try to improve our neighborhood and bring our residents together as a community, working towards common goals and improvements.
The biggest challenges have been to find ways to combat crime and improve the commercial district.
One of our biggest successes was garnering the support of local businesses. Discussions are ongoing on how to revitalize the commercial areas. The businesses made a major impact on our Back2School event, donating items, time and money. Many of them came to the event and helped.
- Business Partnerships: This is huge. We have now partnered with area businesses such as Walgreen’s, Christian Brothers Automotive, Domino’s, Which Wich, Old Hickory and West Oaks Mall to develop ideas to revitalize the commercial district, better the community and work towards an improvement district.
- Chase Bank: Met with them for advice on revitalizing the commercial district and try to enlist their assistance.
- Mission Bend Improvement District: Talks are underway with the legislators about the needs of our area and our options.
- Back2School Event: This was a first for GMBAC and highly successful.
- Over 200 hundred students from AISD and FBISD received shopping bags of high quality, grade specific items required by the districts and some extra goodies.
- Between the business contributions and your contributions through GMBAC, many families were impacted and they were very appreciative.
- In addition, there was a Harris County car seat inspection and the local volunteer fire department brought over one of their trucks.
- The number of volunteers was just amazing.
- Bayou CleanUp: While GMBAC did not organize the two events, we did assist with the actual clean up.
- Annual Plant Swap at George Bush Park:
- Donations to the Mission Bell Pantry food bank in Mission Bend.
- Donation to Brennan Buddies (Cancer Awarness Project)
- Annual Volunteer “Thank You Meal” for the Volunteer Fire Station
- Tax Workshop
We will keep working to keep you informed through e-mails, our website and our public events. You’re always welcome to join us in our meetings – your ideas, expertise and any more hours you feel like volunteering are always welcome! Please join us for what we expect to be another successful year.
As a GMBAC Member, your HOA is eligible for a “Totally Free Website” that will be maintained free for at least one year.Best Wishes! Winetta Billings, M.D. GMBAC President email@example.com www.GMBAC.com
Mission Bend Community Food Drive
GMBAC is kick starting this effort and we hope that you will join us in support of the local food pantry located at 15325 Bellaire Blvd. in Mission Bend. Click flyer for details.
DROP OFF LOCATION:
MISSION BELL FOOD PANTRY
15325 BELLAIRE BLVD
Tue, Thu 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sat 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Volunteers are also needed to help box the food.
Join GMBAC and donate toys to bring smiles to the children during their fight with cancer and to let them know, that no matter what, they will NEVER fight alone.
Brennan’s Buddies® Mission: A non-profit organization providing benevolent assistance to families of children coping with cancer as well as charitable giving to other non-profit organizations. Our focus now is the patients of Texas Children’s Hospital Oncology floor, and families in the local area.
New unwrapped toys for Brennan’s Buddies 4th annual Christmas toy delivery to Texas Children’s Hospital Oncology floor can be dropped off at:
7501 Addicks Clodine Rd. 77083